.

Search This Blog

Project 10: Self

Starting this month...for, well...I'm not sure how long to be honest (ha!)...I've joined a group of some fun photographers in something called "Project 10".  We're given a word and on the 10th of each month, we have to post 10 images representing that word (basically, a glorified Tamigrami)...

This month, the word was "self" and thinking it'd be easy, I put it off til...uhem...yesterday.  Uh, let me tell you, "self" is a REALLY hard word to shoot!  Do I take 10 pictures of myself?! No. THANK. You.  Do I take 10 pictures of things I like? Things that define me? Oh my...suddenly, my psychology degree was kicking in and I concluded with a resounding, "Yikes!!"This was such an extremely uncomfortable set of images to shoot...you know you're camera shy when you make yourself nervous! :)

So, time being my best friend in that I only had 20 minutes to shoot, I decided to shoot what was around me since that was probably a pretty good indication of my "self"...at least for today.  Thank GOODNESS I was eating hummus and peas for lunch and not pepper popcorn...not like I EVER do that. :)

When I put the collage together, I thought, "Yeah, that seems about right"...I always go bare footed.  Sometimes one sock on one sock off...yeah.  I'm a sucker for all things with flashing lights, buttons, and apples, I hold my camera weird, my hair started off in a top knot (and lets be honest, ended in one too), I'm obsessed with Rifle Paper Co., I keep a note from my mom by my desk, I'm a bit of a preppy dresser as is exaggerated by my peter pan collar today, I love handwritten letters and invites, I was eating hummus which I already high-fived myself for, and yes, I hate getting my picture taken...


To see more of the photographers doing the Project 10, head on over to Kasey's Blog: http://www.kaseyrothphotography.com/

5 comments:

Kasey said...

So fun! Loved these shots, then again, love you, so it makes sense!

smw said...

fun!

alisonsutter said...

Great pics! Um...and by the way, I FINALLY jumped on the Instagram bandwagon so I'm anxiously awaiting your next Tamigrami!

heidi said...

I like this...very you.

Anonymous said...

agree with all the above~sunita

Post a Comment