.

Search This Blog

Dear Kenz...


I've got to admit, I feel a bit emotional as I'm sitting down to write this...because you've been like a sister to me in so many ways.  I know that I'll get a chance to tell you in private what your friendship has meant to me, but I wanted to publicly acknowledge your wedding weekend and that in a couple days you'll be his.

There's not enough room to recount all the talks, drives, laughs, cries, trips, venting sessions, encouragements, and jokes we've shared.  We've made so many "slumber party promises"...which of course are the strongest and weakest of all...of how we'd always be friends.  We'd force the men in our lives to get along, our kids would be friends, we'd still take trips together...and should we ever end up in a cheesy potluck group, we'd be in the same one.  I don't know that those are promises I can keep, but never forgetting this friendship we've been given?...yeah, that one I will. 

When I think back to every major event in my life, I can see you in my peripheral...being there.  I hope you can see me in yours.  I can't find the words between "these two ears of mine" to say all that I feel about this weekend and this change...so I'll just say this, I love you so very much.  You are going to make a beautiful bride and an even better wife.  

All my love...Tam  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully put.

Rebekah said...

i can't belive i'm not going to be there after waiting for this day for so long!! I will be there in spirit and in my prayers. I love you Kenz and Tami, I'm so proud of how you have walked through this hard time of having yet another very close friend get married. You've been so mature and such a good friend. I love you and am praying for you this weekend too!

Janet said...

Ah, my two beautiful girls...

Post a Comment