.

Search This Blog

Day 4: Something Green

I promise I won't have all my pictures be of my cousin, Kait...but I simply couldn't resist using this image as my "something green".  I took this picture in September at a wedding in which we were both bridesmaids...

We always joke about how Kait and I are soooo similar...she's me, just 8 years younger.  But the truth is, Kait is me with confidence and very little inhibitions.  I grew up pretty insecure...maybe even more than people could tell.  I spent too much of my life worrying about looking dumb or being afraid to fall, in more ways than one.  That's changed somewhat...I think a lot has to do with just getting older, caring less, and realizing how little others care...but I'd be lying if I said I don't still fight those feelings from time to time.

That's why I love this picture of Kait...doing what she does so well...livng in the moment.  I think she's one of those people who will look back on her life with very little regret of things she never did or didn't try...'cause like in this picture, she doesn't hold back.  She dances...and it inspires me.  


Check out the following links for more 30 Day Photography Challenge fun!!

Heidi: 
Heidi is going to post to Instagram, so go start following her there! If you don't have Instagram, well, it's about time you did...it's awesome! username: heidirink

5 comments:

leah said...

bahahahahaha! love this picture! SO FUN!

Amber said...

this makes me want to dance . . ..

and join the challenge.

I just may. : )

megs @ whadusay said...

I love this picture!

And, I want to be like Kait too!!

Kait H. said...

i actually cried reading this! thank you for your kind words :) Love you tam!

bethany lane said...

you are amazing at describing people!!! i love the way you talk about your friends and family!!!! it makes me feel like i'm really getting to know them!! :) and i'm loving this photography challenge....i may have to try it myself sometime!

Post a Comment