.

Search This Blog

Paying it forward...

I'll never forget that conversation I had with her.  She and I were driving in a big van along a bumpy road in the very humid Jamaica heat.  I looked at her and I said, "Erin, I just look at you and it just seems like you're living your purpose.  You just seem really at peace and like that it's such a good fit.  You're a missionary all the way here in Jamaica...who would have thought?"  And I'll never forget her response...she said,
"I've learned that the safest places to live is in the center of God's will...wherever that is."  
She's right, you know.  

I'm sure some of you know Erin...and some of you don't.  She's one of those people that I consider it an honor to call her my friend.  To be with her is to be with someone who is genuine, focused, and purposeful.  She's got the heart of a servant that is the backbone of wherever she is.  I'm also guessing that she's going to be a bit embarrassed when she reads this...because she's not someone who looks for attention.

So why am I writing about Erin?  She recently won a contest I ran here, and when I told her that, she asked if she could "pay it forward" by having me give the prize to someone who lives closer to me.  I was thinking about it and realized what would mean more to her than a silly little prize I have to offer is to know that she's got people supporting her...

So here's what we're going to do...  
I'd really love it if you would take the time to stop by her blog (click on this link > http://erinsjamaicalife.blogspot.com/) and just leave her a quick comment.  It can be as short as, "Hey! I read your post!"...anything.  From that, I'm going to ask her to pick a name randomly who will get her pay-it-forward prize. I know you're not doing it for the prize 'cause my prizes aren't that big! :)  It would just mean a lot for you to let her know you're praying for her! You'll have til tomorrow morning for the drawing, but of course, you can ALWAYS keep up with her through her blog.  She's got a lot to offer. 


Thanks again for all the comments on my silly bloopers reel!  I realized it's good to tape yourself from time to time...I saw a lot of quirks I never knew I had! Yowzers.




6 comments:

leah said...

aw, tami, this is really sweet! don't know erin, but i like her if you do!

also...i watched your blooper reel again yesterday and decided that my favorite part is when you gasp and look up....you thought you saw a spider didn't ya? :) hehehe. love it!

heidi said...

I agree with Leah! I like her if you do and the gasp is my fav!!!

Tami said...

Leah...you know the cave all too well. No worries, it wasn't a spider...false alarm! :)

Brooke said...

Thanks, Tami! I read her blog (she's our cousin), but rarely comment... and need to do better at that!

David&Kate said...

Thanks for posting these great thoughts about Erin! I could give a great big "Amen" to each thing you shared about our special mutual friend. Thanks for encouraging Erin in this way! Kate R.

Erin said...

My prayer for all of you who stopped and took the time to encourage me is that today you would feel the overwhelming peace and humbleness that I felt through your ministry to me. Tami, Thank You for using your blog to minister to me and so many others. God used not only you but each person that took the time to comment in such a mighty way. Praise Him for working in ways that so far above and beyond our expectations. I love you and Praise God for each and everyone of you!
Love and Blessings from Jamaica!

Post a Comment