.

Search This Blog

Devin + Emily {Wedding and Reception}

One thing I've heard from SO many people after shooting Devin Emily's engagement session was that they started following Emily's blog because they just fell in love with her and her style. It's true...I knew I was lucky to get to shoot this wedding and I let myself feel that luckiness (or "splessedness") the entire way through.  

I've really loved all the couples I've booked...and on those special occasions, my clients become friends. Like, real friends.  Devin and Emily are one of those couples.  She's honestly someone I would call if I needed a recipe or I'd ask Devin to proof read my manuscript if I ever wrote my bathroom reader I claim I'll write! :)    

Time and time again, I have people say that they fall in love with my clients through the pictures and posts, so I thought this year, it would be so awesome if they would share their wedding day through their perspective...and Emily agreed...thanks, you! So here's their day...

From Emily...
"Neither Devin nor I love big crowds or huge events, so an intimate, family wedding was perfect for us. It was hard to draw the line with guests so we decided on our immediate family and wedding party. 







When I think back to that unseasonably warm Friday night in February, I always think the same thing- “that was the perfect night”. The people, the setting, the ceremony, the food, my dress, the beautiful girls that stood next to me, and of course, the dashing groom, it was all just so perfect. The atmosphere enabled everyone to just really relax and enjoy the time, especially Devin and I. There were no stressed out or frantic brides at this wedding! 




I have only the best of memories from this night of declaring my vows to Devin with literally all of very closest people to me. 













We talked, told stories, laughed, ate an amazing meal totally cooked by my mother (but prepared/served by dear friends) and then exited at our own pace to head off to the Dominican Republic for what turned out to be such an amazing honeymoon. Like I said, it was just all so perfect (for us anyways).















Our ‘big party’, or reception, came about 2 months later. Once again, we have no regrets about this decision. We had time to enjoy being married, gradually work on reception things and by the time the reception came we were so relaxed and comfortable that we could just take it all in, once again, with no stress (well, at least very minimal stress).


























































I think one of the things I’m most proud of from the wedding is how the bridesmaids dresses all came together. The patterns, styles, and colors really all turned out beautiful and meshed so well. Very little effort/planning went into the dresses so it was fun to see it come together perfectly." 

Devin + Emily...
What can I say, but I just adore you both.  It still makes my heart feel warm and happy when looking through your pictures.  I'm excited for your future and hope to make more memories with you two!! My love...TP

10 comments:

leah said...

beautiful! :)

emilykate said...

LOVE it! Thanks so much Tami for this great post. It was so fun to re-live! And I was just telling Leah yesterday that I'm feeling a like an Indy/Chicago girls trip sounds really fun and that I wanted YOU to be there! So consider yourself a good friend as well. :) Love ya!

heidi said...

AMAZING JOB TAM AND EMILY!!

Rebekah said...

So beautiful...still some of my most favorite wedding images to date!! You did such a great job capturing the feel of both events. And I love how you had Emily's words describing the days throughout this post! Very nice touch!

Great job Tam! As always!

Emilia Jane said...

Perfection.

sarah.flyingkites said...

Love this wedding! Beautiful!

(Tami, LOVE how much you've been posting lately!)

Amanda Miller said...

That bridesmaid shot and the groomsmen shot....PERFECT!!! And I love the wide shot of them under the gerters!

smw said...

Some of my all time favorites in here!!!

Christen Leigh said...

Beautiful and lovely in every way! A wonderful couple and photographer! :)

bethany lane said...

all the pictures are AMAZING!! i love the colors and casualness of it all! i follow emily's blog so i feel like i already know them a little bit! great job! :)

Post a Comment